Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Latavious Update - Will this ever end?

As a Hoya fan I'm more than ready to change the channel. The Latavious Williams variety show is getting old and tired. At first I really wanted him to pledge his allegiance to the Hoya Saxa next year but now I'm past that noise.

The longer this has gone on, the more it seems like Latavious is recruiting Georgetown. Things change over time, and this is no different. There were some quotes a few weeks back about his parents and/or coaches wanting him to go to Georgetown because of the structured environment and the program's recent success of sending guys to the pros at the forward spot - Green, Ewing, and Summers. Ok so Ewing and Summers aren't there yet but Ewing did get drafted and Summers is expected to be a late first round pick next month.

He was in town this past weekend after JT3 wasn't available the first time he wanted to visit. I'm sure he played with the guys and hung out during graduation. I know he hasn't qualified yet but I get the feeling that if John wanted him, he'd have it. There must be something there that doesn't fit it with what he wants this up-coming season. Or maybe he'd rather have another full ride to offer a 2010 kid.

I hope he announces soon. And it sounds like he's going to Memphis.

That's cool. I have faith in Sims and Vaughn improving. I also think Hollis is going to be nasty.

Time for another show to watch

No comments: