Monday, May 18, 2009

Jon Gruden and ESPN - Best Friends Again

I have always felt that too many of the talking heads on ESPN's Family of Networks run their mouths in an effort to say something that is actually true. I mean chances are that if you never shut up you will be right every once in a while right?

Well a few years ago Jon Gruden took my side after ESPN insinuated that his quarterback was part of a point shaving scheme at Toledo. He did so with this quote:

"I don't watch ESPN. I don't believe half the [expletive] people on the channel, personally – no disrespect. But if Bruce Gradkowski is throwing games in Toledo, how in the hell does he lead the NCAA in passing percentages? That is a crock. You know, these reports make me sick – really. I don't believe [there is] any truth to it, and I'll go to my grave believing that. I hope ESPN 3 or 4 has real sources behind this story, because it has nothing to do with the kid. He's a great kid. He wants to be great. This is very uncharacteristic, in my opinion, of 'professional' journalism."

Well it looks like, as always, that money will be fixing their friendship as Chucky steps into the Monday Night Booth this season. It was nice to be on the same team for awhile.

No comments: