Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday Feb 3 - Hoya version

Last weekend I took the Casual Hoya bus trip up to Philadelphia for the Villanova game.  The Hoyas led for most of the game but had to hold on for dear life during the final 2 minutes.  I have now seen Georgetown win at Villanova 4 times by some of the smallest margins possible.  Unfortunately I did see them lose last year but let's not talk about it.  Here are the results:

2011 - Hoyas 69 - Villanova 66
2009 -  Hoyas 56 - Villanova 54
2007 -  Hoyas 58 - Villanova 55
2005 -  Hoyas  66 - Villanova 64

I will never, ever get tired of seeing Georgetown win in Philadelphia against Villanova.  I promise.  Now that I look at the list above, maybe I should only go during the odd numbered years. 

What do Utah State and Coastal Carolina have in common?  Well they both lost to Georgetown early in the season and neither has lost a game since then.

Utah State is riding a 16 game winning streak since visiting the Verizon Center on Dec 4th.  They Aggies are currently ranked in both the AP and Coaches Polls.

Since losing to the Hoyas on Nov 18th, Coastal Carolina has won 18 straight including their first win at a BCS school when they defeated LSU in Baton Rouge.

Now I'm not saying that Coastal Carolina and Utah State are world beaters but if you are going to play mid majors, play the good ones.

I'm going to have a mid-season look at the race to MSG and the BE POY competition tomorrow.

Peace brah

1 comment:

Sam said...

wouldn't the smallest of margin victories possible be a 1 point victory?

try and make your blog posts more interesting for the reader...