Monday, February 7, 2011

Rivalry Week...ESPN said so

Jay Bilas just referred to the Pitt - WVU game as an old fashioned Big East rock right.  I don't even know what that means but I really like it.  I like it a lot.

Seriously how lucky is WVU?  They get to face Pitt without Ashton Gibbs - one of the few players currently in the running for player of the year in the conference.

The refs have completely lost control of this game.  Dante Taylor just bumped into Tim Higgins (official) and Truck Bryant was just hammered (no call) on a fast break lay-up attempt.

A bunch of students at WVU are wearing cheese heads and Packer jerseys.  Normally I would find that odd but I'm guessing they are doing it to get under the skin of Steelers fans.  I fully endorse such a move. 

I have a hard time watching Kansas.  Ok that's not entirely fair.  I have a hard time watching B12 basketball in general.  Luckily Bobby Knight is doing the color so it's bearable tonight.

Hey maybe playing all "crazy" isn't the best move for Missouri.  Saw a fan with a Mizzerable sign in the crowd.  Not bad.

Tigers just gave up triple digits on the road.  Pitt managed to survive without Gibbs.  I was rooting for Pitt because I have come to grips with them winning the BE Regular Season title.  It bothers me that ND fans think they can still win it.  Oh how I want to see them in MSG next month.

Hey do you know who Maryland plays during Rivalry Week?  Hint:  they are from Virginia and currently ranked 333 in the RPI.  Give up?  It's Longwood.  Apparently Gary is in the let's-get-as-many-wins-as-possible camp come Selection Sunday.

Peace brah

No comments: