Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tuesday Feb 1

Our Christmas Tree is still up.  It's February.

I really gave a lot of thought to taking it down a few weeks ago but then I saw an opportunity for seasonal immortality.  I mean anybody can keep their tree up for a few extra weeks in January but it takes a special kind of effort to have your bubble lights still bubbling during the month of Cupid's birthday.  That's what Valentine's Day is right?

I'm giving a show on National Geographic about life in prisons a chance.  It's called Hard Time.  I had a hard time getting through my first episode.  I'll be here all week.  One of the worst parts is that all of the inmates are dressed up like Syracuse fans.  No wonder they are so upset and pissed off. 

Arsenal had a nice comeback win against Everton this afternoon to save their season for at least another weekend.  Arshavin and Diaby made a difference upon entering the game.  I hate looking at Fellaini.  I wish Howard was on Arsenal.  Van Persie had one of the best corner kicks I've ever seen.  I think I could have scored on it.  That's about all I have for that game.

There aren't any Big East games on tonight so I've been slumming it.

Kentucky at Ole Miss was fairly entertaining.  I know most of the players on Kentucky but only 2 players on Ole Miss so that adds some serious unknown for me.  The game went back and forth a little bit with Ole Miss winning at the end on a ridiculous shot.  I was already bitching about the lack of quality on the last play coming out of a timeout but then it went in.  Kentucky got a decent look 2 seconds later but missed.

Kansas at Texas Tech was a train wreck.  I think it's time to say goodbye to Pat Knight in Lubbock.

UNC at BC was pretty awful as well.  BC had two walk-ons in the game at one point.  That's not so great for them or the viewer.  You know how you know you are watching an ACC game?  You see Food Lion commercials for the first time in forever.

Vanderbilt at Florida was decided by a horrible non-call on a three point attempt.  I don't think Vernon Macklin has made much progress since leaving Georgetown.  Bummer because they could have really used him the last two seasons.  At least he hasn't regressed like his PIC (partner in crime) - Jeremiah Rivers.

Rumors are swirling about a point shaving scandal at Syracuse.  I'd love for it to be true but I doubt it.  I think the rumor got started by some Orange fans that are having a hard time dealing with the current 4 game losing streak.  As if that's the most logical explanation as to why they are struggling.

The Wizards lost on the road again.  I think that's 25 in a row.  That's impressive.

Ok I'm out.

Peace brah

No comments: