Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Feb 21

We are down to the final two Big Monday's of the season.  Tonight's game between Syracuse and Villanova is both good and bad.  It's good because one of them is definitely getting a loss.  It's bad because one of them is getting a win which means that there will only be one message board meltdown later on tonight.

Villanova is currently 1 for 17 from the field.  It's been about 8 minutes since they made a shot yet they only find themselves down by 6.  That's bad news for Syracuse and good news for the rest of humanity.

The refs are really letting them play tonight.  I like it.  I'm waiting for Jay Bilas proclaim this one a good old fashioned Big East Rock Fight.

There aren't many commercials that immediately make me crave their product but pizza does it every time.  I recently ate dinner but one sight of a Papa John's pizza in HD and I'm ready to kill a large pizza.  By myself.

There was a lot of unintentional comedy at the first half.  It all started with a horrible pass by Jardine.  Naturally he made matters worse by immediately picking up his 3rd foul and giving 'Nova an and-one opportunity.  Villanova missed the FT but Pena got the rebound.  Pena missed but there was a Syracuse lane violation.  He missed again but there was another lane violation - both on Keita.  But it didn't stop there because Keita picked up a Technical.  Did I mention that Boeheim complained during the entire sequence?  Well he did.

There's a player on the end of the Syracuse bench that stands up and goes crazy after every play.  It's really annoying even by Orange standards.

When will teams figure out that you need to make Syracuse work on offense instead of letting them get easy buckets in transition?  They aren't super talented in the half court.

I don't think Villanova can continue to call themselves Guard U if they are going to shoot like a Girl's JV squad.  It doesn't seem appropriate anymore.

Well we are at the under 4 minute TV timeout and Villanova is down 5.  I don't think they can score enough points to win this one.  It's gonna take around 68.

Denny's and IHOP have a lot of ads tonight.  The Syracuse fan base is mainly obese so it's good to know your market.

Corey Fisher is 0 for 9 from deep.  That is disgusting.

Villanova has a chance down 3 with 34 seconds left.  Stokes better be the one that takes this.

And Armwood is going to the line.  Brick City right here boy.

Syracuse is going to win this one.  Villanova has a lot to fix before the Big East Tournament starts.  They looked dreadful tonight.  They are going to finish this game shooting less than 30% from the field.  That is pitiful.

So Kansas is the 2nd part of Big Monday.  Big surprise.

Big XII Basketball is pretty generic.

Aside from Kansas, I get the impression that the other schools don't even care all that much.  I also get the feeling that Kansas fans are just fans of Kansas.  What I mean is that I don't think Jayhawk Nation is living and dying with Big XII basketball like Big East and ACC fans do.  I just can't see many Kansas fans getting excited for the Baylor - Iowa State game.  I just can't.

I really like listening to Bobby Knight but he's always doing some horrible game such as Oklahoma State at Kansas.

Seriously how does Kansas recruit east coast kids?  I don't get it.

I love when Brent Musburger tries to talk about non-basketball related topics, such as Robinson's recent loss of family, only to have Knight completely ignore the comment and transition right into the footwork of a post player.  It's equally awkward and entertaining at the same time.

Ok I'm out for awhile.

Peace brah

No comments: