Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Feb 19

College Gameday really needs to be more flexible with their traveling road show.  Illinois v Michigan State might have seemed like a killer idea when the schedules came out over the summer but it's a complete dud right now.

We have two Big East games at Noon today.  Well more like one and a half since DePaul in involved.

Obviously the game between Pitt and St. John's at MSG will be getting almost all of my attention.  I'm tired of Lavin in the white sneakers.  He looks like a dope.  I'm sort of  conflicted in this game because I want Georgetown to finish with the double bye but I really hate all things Pitt.

Just as I was complaining that it was hard for coaches to pick up technical fouls, both Dixon and Lavin have been T'd up in the first half.

Gibbs is looking good so far after his MCL induced hiatus.

St. John's is really tough to beat when they are able to drive.  Georgetown learned that the hard way and was able to stay in front of their man and force jumpers in the rematch.  Hardy was the main problem in that first encounter.  He got to the cup and lived at the line.  Not so much in round two.

It seems like in every Big East game involves a crazy scoreless streak.  Pitt just went 4 minutes without a bucket.

What in the world is going on in the Villanova - DePaul game?  Blue Demons up 1 with 5 minutes left.

Look a lot of schools name the court after a former great coach.  I get that.  However at DePaul they have named the court after both Ray AND Marge Meyer.  That's weird.

I love the fans chanting Brittney Griner after McGhee.  That's awesome.  I think the fans also did it at Villanova.

So DePaul and Villanova are tied with 1:12 left.  I guess I'll watch it now.

Nova down 1 with 20 seconds left.  Get excited.  I love how DePaul took two 3's on their last possession.  Overtime is for losers.  Don't you dare foul.

And Fisher forces overtime in Chicago.  I think we all know who is going to win this game.

Back to MSG and Pitt just let Hardy get to the line late in the game.  There is no need to get up on him.  I really think that defenders should give him the jumper.

Johnnies up 2 with 27.6 to go.

You know I was cool with it when Doris Burke first started doing color on men's games awhile ago.  Now the problem is that it seems as if she does every freaking Big East game possible.  Her fake excited voice/laugh is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Pitt up 1 with 11.3 left.  I'd make Hardy shoot a jumper.

And Hardy drove and won it on a layup.  I guess St. John's should be an early favorite at the BET taking their home form into account.  I'd love for them to be the 4 seed that plays Pitt in the semis.

The Big East Standings are getting awfully crowded at the top.  The race for a double bye is getting kind of crazy.  Hoyas, Redmen, Wildcats, and Cardinals all at 9-5.

Well by the time I got to the WVU - ND game, it was basically over.  I'm not sure how it got to be a WVU victory, but it did.  I did, however, tune in just in time to see both Huggins and Brey get T'd up.  Good.  I'm glad.  It's about time these high priced complainers get put in their places a little bit.

There is one assistant coach on the ND bench that I want to knock out.  I don't know who he is but he just looks like somebody you want to punch in the face.

Hoyas at USF at 7pm

Peace brah

No comments: