Sunday, March 20, 2011

VCU vs Purdue - In Game Thread 2nd Half

Up 11 on Friday against the Hoyas, the Rams came out and put the game away early.  Purdue has already show more life shooting the ball than Georgetown ever did on Friday so I expect them to make VCU earn it a bit more.

Purdue needs to go down low more and they have on both of their opening possessions to start the half.  And now they hit a three and it feels like the entire arena is rooting for the Boilers.

VCU has withstood the first attempt by Purdue to cut into the lead and has actually increased it to 15 with 14:15 remaining.

After watching VCU torch Georgetown from behind the arc, Purdue is really up on the shooters.  This is leading to some nice penetration and assists for VCU.  You can't guard both.  VCU is doing a good job of making one have to guard 2.

I really think Purdue is panicking.  They aren't using their inside advantage at all.  They have already hoisted up 19 shots from deep, making only 6.

We are halfway through the 2nd half and its VCU 65 Purdue 48.  I'm calling this one right now.

Purdue had given up 70 or more four times in 33 games this season.  VCU has 82 with 3:30 left.

I hope the AD at VCU has a list of coaching candidates for men's basketball because Shaka Smart won't be in Richmond much longer.  I dare Oklahoma to hire him.  I wonder if Jeff Capel is watching

Final VCU 94 Purdue 76

Ok I need to go get some quotes for a real story.

United Center Observations 3/20 - Third Round

Does anybody not know the words to Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer?

Their is a VCU cheerleader that walks up and back the length of the court on her hands.  I wasn't in the mood to appreciate it on Friday.  Tonight I am.

No comments: