Friday, March 18, 2011

Florida State 57 - Texas A&M 50 - Final

All that's between me and the buffet is 12:43 of ugly basketball.  This game has turned into a real rock fight.  Jay Bilas says that a lot and I've never been quite sure what it meant until just now.  Now I know.

Florida State has switched to a zone and it has slowed A&M down to a glacial pace.

A&M scored the first 5 points of this half.  FSU has  responded well by scoring the last 11.  Only 16 points in the first 8 minutes.  Riveting.

FSU has dominated points in the paint (16 to 4) and block shots (6 to 1).  A&M has been kept alive by three point shooting (6 for 14).

The guy from the 12th Man Magazine says today's performance is very much indicative of the way they play.  I'm starting to really wonder if either of these teams can impose their will on the Irish on Sunday.  I think ND fans can start booking their tickets for the River Walk in San Antonio.  Neither of these teams will be able to score enough to beat ND.

The fans of both of these teams are hard to distinguish.  They both wear a maroon type color.  A&M actually wears maroon while I believe FSU wears garnet.    It's hard to tell  which team the fans in the upper deck are rooting for during this game.

Speaking of fans, the A&M faithful are intense.  They are right across from me and pretty boisterous.  They obviously don't want to go back to College Station tonight.

Florida State is pulling away.  Some of those three pointers are starting to drop as their lead increases.

I'm going to be really impressed if either team finds 60 points today.

FSU is up 8 with 2:28 to go.  I'm calling it.

The FSU cheerleaders have changed outfits about 100 times during this game.  It's exhausting to watch them come out in something new every 5 minutes.

And we have a final here in the second game of the day.

FSU 57
A&M 50

The Seminoles just dominated the paint at both ends.  The Aggies came to Chicago and scored 50 points on 31% shooting.  That just isn't going to get a win in March.  

So we have one game set for Sunday.  Notre Dame (2) will take on Florida State (10) for a trip to San Antonio.  I think it will be a mistake for FSU to zone the Irish.  A big mistake

I have that war chant stuck in my head.  It's like I'm at a Braves game.

Ok I've got about an hour before the next game.  Buffet time!

St Peters's vs Purdue is next.







No comments: